AmigaOS 4.1 was released in September of 2008 and has seen no less than 6 free
major updates and at least 88 smaller updates released through AmiUpdate.
New functionality in AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition includes but is not limited to:
- Extended memory functionality (beneficial for all supported platforms even those
platforms which cannot be equipped with more than 2GB)
- Most powerful console for AmigaOS
- New Intuition features
- New Workbench features
- Much improved DOS
- New unified graphics library with RTG support which allows for (current and future) very substantial general and platform specific performance optimizations e.g. through the use of on-chip DMA engines (present on recently released hardware going back to the Sam440)
- Updated Python port
- Installation graphics, new icons and back-drops by Martin Merz
- Countless minor updates, increased functionality and bug-fixes.
AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition requires NO previous version of AmigaOS 4.x and is a standalone product, quite possibly the most affordable version of AmigaOS ever to be released.
This now allows current users of AmigaOS 4.1 to install a complete original version of AmigaOS 4.1 without subsequently needing to download or apply 6 updates and countless minor updates.
Users are nevertheless recommended to register their copy of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition on the Hyperion Entertainment website as this will be required for downloading possible future updates and bug fixes.
For more information, please visit this products webpage.